This is focused on making the world’s daily habits more inspiring and entertaining. By creating highly personalized experiences for our users, we keep people connected to what matters most to them, across devices and around the globe. In turn, we create value for advertisers by connecting them with the audiences that build their businesses. Yahoo! is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif., and has offices located throughout the Americas, Asia Pacific (APAC) and the Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) regions.
Senior Data Insights Manager
This analyst must be able to translate business needs into data requests, manage engineers procuring data, analyze results, and present findings to senior management. The analyst will need to process complex ideas and technical concepts into actionable insights for improving Yahoo’s business. This position also requires close collaboration with a diverse set of teams including Products, Business Management, Finance, Marketing, and Senior Executives.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
* Self-starter with a passion for data
* A Masters degree in a highly quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, or Mathematics
* 4 years of experience in quantitative research or analyses
* Proven ability to design and lead time-sensitive strategic research projects involving methodology development, analysis, strategic recommendations and presentation of findings to Senior Management
* Experience in survey research, data-driven marketing, market research, quantitative management consulting, advertising or data mining (preferably with online experience)
* Minimum of 2 years experience with a statistical analysis tool such as SAS or R
* Unix/Linux and Windows operation systems
* Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills with pivot table and v-lookups
* Strong business acumen to understand corporate strategy, interact with clients and present actionable findings
* Strong attention to detail and ability to effectively manage multiple projects
* Ability to remain productive and focused in a team-oriented, fast-paced, highly-matrixed and evolving environment
Preferred Job Qualifications:
* Scripting languages such as Python, Java etc.
* Statistical techniques including correlation analysis, design of experimentation, linear and nonlinear regressions, logistic regression, sampling and resampling methods, time series and longitudinal analysis
* Industrial experience with writing SQL and/or Hadoop to extract and analyze large internet data using high performance data warehouse